日本経済新聞 朝刊 アジアBiz (9ページ)
Phase I: Completed
· Mechanical completion: June, 2012
· Upstream capacity: 5,000L x 6 bioreactors
· Downstream capacity: Streamlined purification suite with pre- and post-viral segregation
· Liquid and lyophilization filling line with integrated inspection through final packaging process
Phase II: Construction Plan
· Upstream capacity: 15,000L x 10 bioreactors
· Downstream capacity: Streamlined purification suites with pre- and post-viral segregation
· High speed liquid and lyophilization filling line with integrated inspection through final packaging process
Phase III: Expansion Plan
· Large scale monoclonal antibody
With a total investment of 850 billion won, the third plant will be a world-leading facility both in terms of capacity (180,000 liters) and production efficiency.
The plant is expected to be completed by 2017 and begin operation in the fourth quarter of 2018 after validation.
Once it begins operation, Samsung BioLogics expects to become the world’s largest biologics contract manufacturing organization (CMO) with a total production capacity of 360,000 liters.
Once the third plant is in full operation, Samsung BioLogics expects it will be able to reach 2 trillion won in annual sales and 1 trillion won in operating profit. In the longer term, the company plans to continuously expand its CMO business with further investments planned for 4th and 5th plants.
Samsung BioLogics' first plant has recently received official approval for production from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and its second plant is scheduled to begin operation in early 2016.